Decision Of Interest
McAndrew, Conboy & Prisco Obtain Dismissal for Their Client:
Plaintiff brought suit against a telephone company alleging that while on private premises she was injured when she collided with a telephone booth housing a telephone installed by the defendant. Plaintiff claimed that the placement of the telephone booth in combination with other factors, such as the lighting conditions at the time, constituted a dangerous condition and thus, defendant telephone company was negligent. The Firm achieved a victory for its telephone company client on the grounds that the placement of the telephone booth was not the proximate cause of plaintiff’s injuries.
- Eastern District of New York, baggage handler injured by tractor, suffers fractured neck and quadriplegia, jury verdict and judgment entered for $48,000,000.00.
- Supreme Court, Nassau County, medical malpractice, infant born with cerebral palsy, settled for $10,650,000.00.
- Supreme Court, Bronx County, woman struck by cab, fractures to both legs, judgment for $5,090,000.00.
- Supreme Court, Nassau County, brain damaged baby, settled for $3,490,000.00.
- Supreme Court, New York County, construction worker injured from fall from ladder, neck and back injuries, verdict $2,900,000.00.
- Supreme Court, Suffolk County, construction worker/flagman struck by vehicle, judgment for $950,000.00.
- Supreme Court, Kings County, Construction worker injured in gas explosion, received burns to both hands and arms, settled for $910,000.00.
- Supreme Court, Bronx County, worker injured back while carrying equipment up stairs at construction site, judgment $1,209,469.00.